A Rewarding Career
Bus & Truck of Chicago (BTC) specializes in commercial vehicle preventative maintenance and collision repair for fleet owners in the Chicagoland area. Located in Bedford Park, IL, BTC has earned a reputation for delivering high-quality work on large and complex jobs for Transit Authorities, Municipalities, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and large fleet owners throughout the Midwest. We’ve serviced and repaired all types of buses, trucks, and heavy-duty vehicles for over 20 years.
We are looking to hire experienced Diesel Mechanics to join our team. Diesel Mechanics will work on a variety of transit bus issues not limited to diagnosing issues and removing, repairing, and replacing various transit bus parts.
This role is responsible for:
- Utilizing diagnostic equipment to localize issues and repair diesel transit buses
- Troubleshooting and fixing electrical systems and components
- Removing, repairing, and replacing diesel transit bus vehiclesystems/components
- Complete required paperwork associated with repairs (documenting the complaint, cause and correction for repairs in work orders)
- Working knowledge of computers and basic operation
- Work with a high degree of independence and with a high level of productivity
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this position include
- 10+ Years of Diesel Mechanic Experience
- Experience Troubleshooting and Repairing Electrical Systems
- Valid Driver’s License
- US work authorization
- Ability to Pass a Drug Test
- High school diploma or GED, Vocational or Technical Certification in vehicle repair preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ASE certifications (Heavy Truck, Transit Bus), preferred
- CDL License preferred
🗓️ Full Time: 8:00am - 4:30pm
❤️🩹 Health, Vision & Dental Insurance
💵 Bonus Compensation Available
🕧 Paid Vacation & Holidays
Salary: $30-$40/hour paid weekly, based on experience
Interested mechanics should send their resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org or Stop By: 7447 S Central Ave Suite B, Bedford Park, IL 60638
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.